Small Groups at St. Timothy's
Meeting in small groups to study God's word has been a very important part of the life of St. Timothy's since it formed almost 10 years ago. Each adult who comes to St. Timothy's is invited to meet with others during the week in what we call, "small groups". Meeting mostly in our homes each small group uses a guide to study the Bible and to learn:
- The nature and character of God and His kingdom
- The nature and character of ourselves
- The nature of sin and salvation
- If we are reading the Old Testament, how does the passage point to Jesus?
- If we are reading the New Testament, how does the passage "echo" the Old?
- How does this passage relate to contemporary life?
An added benefit and almost most importantly, by gathering together in small groups we learn how to care, nurture, and guide each other in our faith journey. Ultimately is is through these strong relationships of love and accountability that we begin to seek to resemble, serve and love Jesus Christ.
In each Sunday's leaflet the small groups that are meeting are listed along with the Leader's name and telephone number and the time, date and place of meeting.
Please do not hesitate to contact Patricia Young at or at 604-980-2955 for further information.